The St John Valley Neighborhood Association will be holding elections on June 18th at 6:30 pm at the Frannie Peabody Center at 106 Gilman Street (map). The entrance is between Valley and Gilman and facing Hadlock Field.
Position to be filled: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and Communications Director. Nominations for these positions and secret ballot voting will be conducted during this meeting.
Board Duties, as defined by the association by-laws, are as follows:
1. President shall preside at all meetings of the general membership. The President shall be the spokesperson of the Association consistent with the objectives and prior resolutions of the Association. The President shall be charged with setting the meeting agenda prior to the scheduled meeting. The President shall be the liaison to the City of Portland. The President shall chair the Board. The President shall work to create and implement the neighborhood plan.
2. Vice President shall fulfill the duties of the President in the President's absence and shall serve as the parliamentarian of the Association. The Vice President shall work with the President to create and implement the neighborhood plan.
3. Secretary shall be responsible for keeping an accurate written record of all business discussed at meetings of the general membership and for all outside correspondence of the Association. The Secretary shall also have charge of all non-financial books and records of the Association, including the active membership list and maintenance of the by-laws.
4. Treasurer shall be responsible for the finances of the Association, shall keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures and shall sign for all checks drawn on banking accounts of the Association. The Treasurer is authorized to disperse up to one-hundred ($100) dollars of Association funds. Expenditures greater than one-hundred ($100) dollars requires authorization from the Board.
5. Communications Director shall be responsible for public notification of meetings of the Association, the management of all web pages, and for community outreach.